A dog named Ash is being hailed a hero! Ash saved his owner’s life while he was stranded in the Italian alps during a harsh winter week. Ash stayed with his owner for seven days and nights after the hiker slipped and broke his ankle while climbing, PEOPLE reported.
“The man was wounded and badly bruised but conscious and had the little dog, Ash, next to him,” shared a Facebook post by the Corpo Nazionale Soccorso Alpino e Speleologico (CNSAS) mountain rescue team, “He claimed that he had slipped several meters into a canal and dragged himself, albeit with a broken ankle and other traumas as close to the creek water as possible and that he managed to survive thanks to the company of the doggy.”
Read more rescue stories in One Green Planet, including this dog that was reduced from an irrigation pipe.
- Firefighters Rescue Dog Trapped Under a Bus
- Bridge Inspector Rescues Dog Hanging 120 Feet Above River
- Brave Board Rider Saves Dog from Drowning after a Kayak Overturned in Rough Waters
- Dog Trapped at the Bottom of a Sinkhole Gets Rescued
- Lost Dog Rescued by Family in the Middle of Lake Michigan!
- Dog Saved in Heroic Rescue from a Frozen River in Michigan
- Husky Rescued from Storm Drain in California!
- Stranded Pup Surrounded by Crocodiles Rescued on Florida Island
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!