A charter boat crew was out in the Gulf of Mexico when they discovered a cat stranded in the open ocean.
The crew of Still Flyin Charters, which operates out of Perdido Pass in Orange Beach, Ala., was out on a fishing trip when they noticed something unusual.
At first they thought it was a sea turtle, but realized it was a kitten bobbing in the water.
“Our catch of the day. Poor little guy was sucked out by the tide,” the crew posted on Facebook. “We caught him just outside the pass in the gulf. He was struggling to stay up.”
The crew scooped him out of the water and took care of him off on the boat until returning to shore.
Luckily, the cat is now safe and has found a new home, according to Steve Crews, captain and owner of Still Flyin Charters
Sign this petition to prevent cats from being hunted and shot for fun.
If you love uplifting rescue stories like this, please see:
- Awesome Rescue of Daisy, a Beautiful St. Bernard Dog from the Highest Mountain in England
- Firefighters and Animal Rescuers Save Horse who Fell into a Ditch
- Amazing Rescue of Baby Sheep From Cliff of Waterfall
- Baby Fox Saved From Drowning After Falling in Hole
- Firefighters Rescue Dog Trapped Under a Bus