According to an email from Anima Naturalis in Spain, bullfights have been canceled in the wake of the coronavirus. As public health officials urge people to stay away from crowds, events like bullfighting have been canceled.
According to the email, 21 bullfighting runs have been canceled which has saved 120 bulls. The website Animalis Naturalis reports that the Toro de Lidia Foundation has requested aid for the support of the cruel industry. They have asked for a meeting to “be able to study the possibility of starting contingency, recovery and support plans for the industry as soon as possible.”
Animalis Naturalis is urging people to write to the Minister of Culture, José Manuel Rodríguez Uribe, and urge him to reconsider financially helping the bullfighting industry. You can send the message here.
Bullfighting is a bloody sport that makes a show of killing and torturing animals.
Read more One Green Planet news about the horrors of bullfighting, below:
- Latest Blow to Bullfighting Industry in Spain Is a Big Win for Animals!
- Petition: Don’t Allow Bullfighting to Return to Marbella, Spain!
- Sickening Video Shows Matador Wiping Bloodied Bull’s Tears Before Killing Him
- Graphic Video Shows a Matador Brutally Stabbing a Bull
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Thank goodness !! Let’s hope the matadors get it !!
Thanks Corona ♥️