What started as a fun day at the beach quickly turned into a rescue mission when a dog wandered onto a groyne and became trapped by the rising tide.
The incident happened at Peacehaven beach in East Sussex. When the dog’s owner realized his pup couldn’t safely make it back to shore, he dialed 999 and was connected with the coastguard. They were able to deploy two rescue swimmers who made it to the dog and were able to bring him safely to his owner.
The Newhaven Coastguard praised the dog’s owner and said, “The owner’s was very grateful to have their pet rescued, the owner done exactly the correct thing, in calling 999 and asking for the Coastguard, never attempt self Rescue.”
It could’ve ended in tragedy, but their quick thinking and rescue allowed the sweet pup to be reunited with his family.
It’s a good reminder to always practice safety at the beach and keep your pets on leash unless in designated off-leash areas.
- Dog Rescue Far Out at Sea Goes Viral on TikTok
- Senior Dog Rescued From Sewer Gets Reunited With His Worried Dad!
- Dog Rescued from Arctic Ice Floe
- Dog Rescues Drowning Friend
- Dog Saved in Heroic Rescue from a Frozen River in Michigan
- Husky Rescued from Storm Drain in California!
- Dog Rescued After Being Trapped on Steep Cliff for 5 Days
- Bridge Inspector Rescues Dog Hanging 120 Feet Above River
- Coast Guard Rescues Distressed Woman and Her Dogs From Sailboat During Bad Weather
- Brave Board Rider Saves Dog from Drowning after a Kayak Overturned in Rough Waters
- Puppy Rescued from Freezing Waters of Jamaica Bay in New York City
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!