Canada Goose has announced they will be going fur-free by the end of 2022. The brand will end the purchase of fur in 2021, with manufacturing ending in 2022. This is another step in the brand’s numerous animal welfare announcements.
Dani Reiss, President & CEO, Canada Goose said of the change, “Our focus has always been on making products that deliver exceptional quality, protection from the elements, and perform the way consumers need them to; this decision transforms how we will continue to do just that. We continue to expand – across geographies and climates – launching new categories and products designed with intention, purpose and functionality. At the same time, we are accelerating the sustainable evolution of our designs.”
In response, Humane Society International/UK’s Executive Director Claire Bass responded via email, “This is a momentous step in the demise of cruel fur fashion. For years, Canada Goose’s trademark parka jackets with coyote fur trim have been synonymous with fur cruelty but their announcement today is another major blow to the global fur trade, a dying industry on its knees from the punches of so many top designers and retailers walking away from the PR-nightmare of fur. Canada Goose’s fur-free policy will spare untold thousands of coyotes from being maimed and killed in cruel metal leg-hold traps, and should strengthen the UK Government’s resolve to recognise that banning the import and sale of fur is the right thing to do, both by the public and future-focussed fashion brands.”
The first infections on mink fur farms were found in April and the Dutch government used the opportunity to take a stance against the industry and call for closing all farms by March 2021. Over a million mink were killed during the pandemic. Read more about mink and fur farms during coronavirus, including the coronavirus spread through Dutch farms, a million mink killed by Dutch fur farms during coronavirus, and the Dutch government’s previous statement on mink and the coronavirus.
Sign this petition to demand that Parliament end all fur trapping in the U.K.
- States Introduce Fur Ban Legislation to Fight COVID-19 and Animal Cruelty
- 10 Adorable Minks That Will Convince You to Go Fur-Free!
- UK Designers Push Prime Minister Boris Johnson to Ban Fur Sales
- Shocking New Footage of Animals Suffering on a Polish Fur Farm
- Here are the Innocent Faces of the Cruel Fur Industry
- Mink on Wisconsin Fur Farm Test Positive for COVID-19
- Victory! World’s Largest Fur Auction House to Close
- Dutch Mink Fur Farms to Close by March 2021!
- Disturbing Footage Described as “Scene From Hell” of Animals Suffering at a Fox Fur Farm
- New Undercover Investigation Shows How Baby Foxes Are Raised For Their Fur (VIDEO)
- Mink Rescued From Fur Farm Experiences Water for the First Time (VIDEO)
- As Public Support for Fur Farming Declines, Animal Advocates Demand End to UK Fur Sales
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!