Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
An animal rescue shelter in Atlanta, Georgia, recently rescued over 60 dogs from a property belonging to a pet owner that was not able to properly care for all the animals.
The Atlanta Humane Society (AHS) worked with Hancock Animal Friends and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) to seize the sixty-five dogs from the owners at the Georgia property and relocate them to a home more equipped to properly take care of them.
The shelter shared heartbreaking pictures of the mistreated dogs being taken out of their previous property in cages and into their new temporary home. One dog even appeared to have a skin injury on its face.
In Georgia, animal neglect is classed as animal cruelty if a pet owner fails to provide “adequate food, water, sanitary conditions, or ventilation that is consistent with what a reasonable person of ordinary knowledge would believe is the normal requirement and feeding habit for such animal’s size, species, breed, age, and physical condition.”
If a pet owner is found guilty of animal cruelty, it will be classified as a misdemeanor for the first offense and could ultimately result in up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
Despite the scary situation that these poor animals endured, this miraculous rescue story had a happy ending and showed the importance of supporting rescues like the Atlanta Humane Society.
You can consider donating to AHS here. Your donation will save homeless dogs and cats’ lives, helping the Atlanta Humane Society improve animal welfare in the southeastern United States by providing quality animal services, including preventative initiatives, education, advocacy, and adoption of animals into permanent loving homes.
- An Atlanta dog needed more than $1,000 in surgeries. A NYC rescue helped
- Heartwarming reunion of Husky with owner after violence in Bucha
- Woman Reunites With Missing Dog Thanks to Kind Stranger Who Transported Pup 500 Miles
- Lost Dog Reunited with Owner After Three Years Can’t Contain Her Excitement!
- Dog Reunited with Family After Being Separated in Home Explosion
- Stolen Dog Reunited with Owner After a Year Apart
- Sick Pup Abandoned by Cruel Humans Who Removed His Microchip Finally Gets a Happy Ending (VIDEO)
- Senior Dog With a Microchip Found on the Streets, But Her Family’s Response Was Heartbreaking
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!