Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
According to Reuters, a German animal shelter is trying to find new ways of finding lonely pets new homes by using the popular dating app, Tinder. They’re hoping that a lonely person scrolling through Tinder might decide to adopt an animal.
The Munich Animal Welfare Association had professional photos taken of 15 animals to put onto Tinder.
Jillian Moss, who works at the animal shelter, said, “Several people have swiped right on Tinder to set up their first ‘date.’ The response is insane, it’s exploding everywhere.”
Benjamin Beilke, who is coordinating Tinder communication, said, “We hope that these animals really find a new partner. A ‘purrfect match’ in the long term and not just for a few weeks.”
With so many animals in shelters, this is yet another creative way to spread the word about these precious pets.
With so much technology at our fingers, it is a great idea for shelters to start expanding their reach to platforms like Tinder. After all, a lonely person looking for a connection might be more than willing to opt for a dog or cat instead.
- Animal Shelter Throws Epic Birthday Party for 2-year Old Rescue Pup Named Brownie
- The Office Star Rainn Wilson Organized a Zoom Call with 900 People and their Pets to Raise Money For Animal Shelters
- 8-Year-Old Boy Makes Masks and Donates Profits to Animal Shelter
- Animal Shelters are Naming Rescue Dogs After Healthcare Workers Fighting the Pandemic
- Game of Thrones Star Maisie Williams Donates £50,000 to Animal Shelter in her Hometown
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily. Subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!