A herd of 200 goats escaped their enclosure in San Jose, California on May 13. The goats broke the boards of an electric fence and took to the streets. One person watching got video and called the incident, “the craziest thing to happen all quarantine.”
Zach Roelands took video and tweeted about the incident, “When I got back from the store all the goats had broken through the fence and were wreaking havoc on our street. This is the craziest thing to happen all quarantine.”
I’m dead 😂☠️ When I got back from the store all the goats had broken through the fence and were recking havoc on our street
This is the craziest thing to happen all quarantine 🐐🐐🐐 pic.twitter.com/Hc7XpuiBdT
— Zach Roelands (@zach_roelands) May 13, 2020
Roelands‘ father told a local news station that he uses goals to clear brush behind his house. But one of the goats started breaking boards trying to eat flowers on the other side and more goats followed along. One neighbor was able to lead the goats successfully back to their enclosure.
Roelands Twitter video got over 4 million views and he is asking those who liked the video to donate to Feeding America. Feeding America is an organization working to fight hunger during the coronavirus pandemic.
Scientists believe that the spread of COVID-19, or coronavirus, started at an exotic animal market in Wuhan, China. You can help stop the incidence of viruses like these by signing this petition to ban the wildlife trade.
This is a good time to reconsider our intake of animal products to stay healthy. Eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
Interested in joining the dairy-free and meatless train? We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Catch up on our latest coronavirus coverage in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- How Coronavirus and the Wildlife Trade are Linked
- Coronavirus Update: States Start Relaxing Social Distancing Orders
- New Guidelines for Pet Owners from CDC
- United States Now Has Most Coronavirus Cases in the World
- Coronavirus Update: How Emerging Diseases are Linked to Factory Farms
- Experts Believe Coronavirus Vaccines Should be Tested on Humans Directly Versus Animals
- China Acts on Coronavirus and Temporarily Bans Wildlife Trade
- Coronavirus Update: World Global Emissions Have Dropped
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!