Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
This weekend was something else. Winter storm Hercules, also known as snowmageddon or the snowpocalyse, hit nearly half of the U.S. with massive snowfall and chilling temperatures that many areas had rarely experienced before.
Some household members were certainly assigned the dreaded driveway clean-up while others found themselves enjoying the weekend snow day nestled inside with a blanket and perhaps even with a hot freshly brewed coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.
However you chose to stay warm and toasty this weekend, we hope you also kept your furry companions and wild friends in mind! Because, just like us, they need their fair share of tender love and care during the cold weather too.
And so to honor all of Earth’s creatures – both domestic and wild — and to celebrate Cuddle Up Day (January 6), we’ve compiled a cute-beyond-words photo list of some of the most adorable animals getting their cuddle on – some to keep warm and others just for the fun of it. Enjoy, and stay warm, Green Monsters!
1. “All on the branch now, c’mon!”
2. “Soft kitty, warm kitty…”
3. “Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you!”
4. “I have a seeecret to tell yowhooo.”
5. “What’s white and cute and furry all over? We are!”
6. “Face lick time!”
7. “You’ll always have a friend in me.”
8. “I love my mommy soooooo much.”
9. “GROUP SNUGGLE!”
10. “Happy, happy day!”
11. “Besties forever!”
12. “We’re just one big happy family!”
13. “Sometimes after a long day, it’s nice to come home to a friend.”
15. “I’ll never leave you. ‘Swears.”
Lead image source: Virginia McMillan / Flickr
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!