When this woman saw a distressed plover bird standing and pacing around a drain in the street, she knew something must be wrong, so she went to go check it out. It turned out that there was a tiny baby plover that had fallen and was stuck in the drain.
@auslifewild opened the drain and went down to grab the scared little bird. The bird was weak and cold so she brought her to her car where she blasted the heater until the bird warmed up. The bird slowly began to move more as she got warmer and eventually, she was ready to go back to her parents. The woman led the parents away from the drain and put the bird down and the bird immediately went to go give her mom a snuggle.
Baby plover rescue from a drain #feelinggood #feelgood #rescue #animalrescue #animal #wildlife #wildliferescue #saved #baby #happy #smile #uplifting #goodnews #babyanimal #happiness #feelbetter #serotonin #serotoninboost #Australia #downunder
In an update video, the mother, father, and baby plover are walking around and the baby is so much bigger and stronger.
Replying to @josealberto1987 Baby plover rescue UPDATE ❤️ #feelinggood #feelgood #rescue #animalrescue #animal #wildlife #wildliferescue #saved #baby #happy #smile #uplifting #goodnews #babyanimal #happiness #feelbetter
Replying to @aljon.ayuro Baby plover rescue from a drain UPDATE 2💕 #feelinggood #feelgood #rescue #animalrescue #animal #wildlife #wildliferescue #saved #baby #happy #smile #uplifting #goodnews #babyanimal #happiness #feelbetter
Check out these 10 Amazing Rescues of Sick, Injured, and Abandoned Birds!
- SpaceX Site Could Be Linked to Decline in Various Bird Species
- Petition: Save Birds by Urging Officials to Enact Leash Laws on Beaches During Nesting Season
- How a Changing Climate is Impacting the World’s Wild Animals – and Plants, Too
- Hummingbird Rescued After Flying Into Window (VIDEO)
- 10 Amazing Rescues of Sick, Injured and Abandoned Birds
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!