Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
By the time this family was able to adopt Wilson, he had already been neglected and severely malnourished, and he had already been returned to the shelter once. Wilson, an adorable pitbull, was sad, alone, and felt like no one wanted to love him. Thankfully, @wilsonhauscandles rescued and adopted Wilson. He had spent his short 8 months living in and out of shelters, but he was finally getting a loving home.
“It was clear that in some point of his life, someone didn’t find him worthy enough to love,” @wilsonhauscandles said on TikTok.
@wilsonhauscandles knew that she wanted to do more and help other animals like Wilson, who have had rough lives. She decided to start a tiny candle company out of her home called WilsonHaus Candles.
We have about 300 candles left to sell to reach out goal of raising 5,000 dollars for animal rescue. Purchasing, liking, commenting and sharing all make a difference. It all matters, and so do they 🐶🐾❤️ #animalrescue #dog #rescuedogs #animalsanctuary
WilsonHaus Candles makes hand-poured candles in which 30 percent of the profits go right back to helping animal rescues. She was so dedicated she quit her nursing job and wanted to work at this full-time. Right now, they are trying to raise $5,000 for animal rescues.
Thanks to Wilson and his rescue, so many other animals will be able to get help and be rescued and placed into loving homes just like him! Wilson and every other dog are worth it and worthy of being loved!
To reduce the number of suffering dogs on the streets and dogs who are euthanized, it’s important to adopt instead of shop for a dog and never support breeding. Familiarize yourself with tips for adopting so you’re well prepared and read about why breeding dogs is a problem, even if the breeder is “reputable.”
- 32 Out Of 200 Beached Whales in Tasmania Have Been Rescued
- Dog Found Unconscious in the Street is Saved by Rescuers
- Adorable Rescued Farm Animals Go For a Joy Run [Video]
- This Rescued Baby Bat Eating a Banana With His Feet Might Just be the Best Thing That’s Ever Happened [Video]
- Three-Legged ‘Tri-Pod’ Kittens Rescued From Abandoned Cat Colony
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!