Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
@torimarkle posted a heartwarming video of the healing journey with the dog named Baylee and how she rescued her. The golden retriever is now alive and healthy thanks to the nurse who rescued her and helped her through the heartworm disease treatment.
Heartworm disease is a serious and potentially fatal disease that is caused by a blood-borne parasite. Luckily, the disease is not contagious between dogs as it is transmitted from mosquitos.
The TikTok of Baylee explains all that Baylee has been through in her new life.
“I met my aunt daisy. I get to sleep with mom every night, mom put me through heartworm treatment. We took Christmas card pics, we play ball whenever I want.
“We’ve celebrated my birthday 5 times since then. Me and my mom have matching beauty marks. My heartworm treatment worked! We take the best naps together. Thank you for allowing my mum to give me the life I deserve.”
The video has racked up nearly 8 million views and thousands of comments from users who were touched by the rescue story.
“This made me tear up. You can see the happiness in the eyes,” one user commented.
Another wrote, “I’m actually crying so much at this thank you for saving him he clearly loves you so much ❤️😭😭😭”
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Woman Rescues Cat and They Totally Hit it Off!
- A Sanctuary Founder’s Morning Routine of Looking After 100+ Rescued Animals [Video]
- Man Wades and Breaks Through Frozen Lake to Rescue Trapped Dog
- Wonky-Faced Dog Rescued From Qatar Desert is Now Hero of a Children’s Book
- Shelter Cat Went Five Years With Just One Application Until This Couple Came Along to Rescue Her
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!