Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Meet Sam, a charming little feline whose roar for grub has delighted millions on TikTok. This small white and orange cat has managed to capture the internet’s heart with his elongated meow. A short clip of Sam sauntering around the kitchen, letting out an impressively long yell, has racked up more than 35 million views.
Why the loud meow, you ask? Sam’s making his needs known, according to Teresa Keiger, editor of Cat Talk magazine. She points out that cats, initially quiet creatures, have learned to communicate with humans primarily through meowing. A vocal declaration like Sam’s might be indicating hunger, a desire for attention, or a playful mood.
Anita Kelsey, a U.K. feline behaviorist, affirmed this, suggesting that Sam’s long meow translates to a swift “hurry up, I’m hungry!” She notes that if a cat feels its needs aren’t being met promptly, the meow may “escalate,” as it seems to have done with our food-craving Sam.
Despite the loud protest, Kelsey reassures cat owners that such vocalizations are generally normal and not a sign of distress. As long as the meowing doesn’t become disruptive, it’s all just part of the cat-human dialogue. So, next time your feline friend calls out, remember that they’re just having a chat with you. Like Sam, they want to be heard.
- People Tried for Days to Save a Kitten Trapped in a Well, Then This Happened! [Video]
- Resilient Kitten Recovery from Fire Pit Accident Warms Hearts on TikTok
- Sweet Mama Cat Just Wants to Love the Stuffing Out of Her Kitten [Video]
- Dog Playing With New Kitten Brothers is Too Cute
- This Poor Kitten Was Rescued After Being Thrown Out of a Moving Car Window
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!