Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Replying to @80_mvsic_ If you missed the TikTok LIVE, here is an update on the three tiger cubs born with clubfoot after their mother was rescued from Tiger King Park. Thanks to the pioneering efforts from our partner @turpentinecreek these cubs are thriving today! #TigerKing #GivingSeason #GivingSzn #AnimalRescue #BigCatsOfTikTok
This pregnant tiger was rescued from Tiger King Park, and when her cubs were born, their rescuers discovered they had club foot and would need a lot of help.
The rescue immediately got to work to help the cubs. Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge worked with them every day by doing physical therapy with hot water and massaging their legs. They worked to warm up their ligaments and stretch their feet into the proper position. For nearly two months, twice a day, they worked with the cubs and then would return them to their mother. @ifawglobal said in the TikTok video that the mother became very comfortable with the situation. Every day, the cubs got stronger and stronger and were making tremendous leaps and bounds.
The last clip of the viral TikTok shows the cubs and their mother today. The cubs are full-grown, healthy, and happy all because they were rescued and got the help they needed from @ifawglobal!
Recently, in huge news, Congress passed The Big Cat Public Safety Act, which bans private possession, and public contact and increases restrictions on the breeding, trading, and exploitation of big cats in the United States. For years the government failed to help big cats and enact legislation needed to stop the suffering of these animals. This bill is a step in the right direction.
- FINALLY! Congress Passes The Big Cat Public Safety Act in Groundbreaking Decision
- The Conservation Game: New Documentary Exposes Big Cats Exploited on TV
- Indiana Passes Law To Prohibit Public Contact With Big Cats and Bears
- Why We Need to Stop Cross-Breeding and Inbreeding Big Cats for Profit
- Big Cat Public Safety Act to Be Voted On Today
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!