Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Source: Animal Defenders International
The circus survivors from Peru, Colombia, and Guatemala love playing with these pumpkins that were carved by the ADIWS team and filled with catnip and other goodies for the animals.
All of these animals were rescued by Animal Defenders International (ADI) in a mission to help governments enforce nationwide bans on the use of animals in circuses.
“These animals suffered a lifetime of cruelty and deprivation in the circus, so it is a special joy to see them having fun and living life to the full in their forever home at the ADI Wildlife Sanctuary in South Africa – Happy Halloween!” Jan Creamer, President of ADI, said in a statement.
At ADIWS, these big cats enjoy their large natural enclosures, where they are enriched at Halloween as well as the rest of the year with toys such as pumpkins, squashes, catnip bags, tires, hay bales, and giant play balls.
- Rescued Tigers Splash Around to Cool Off in the Summer Heat [Video]
- Lions Rescued From Ukraine Arrive at Their New Colorado Sanctuary Home
- Breathtaking Moment Rescued Tiger Returns to Wild for the First Time Since She Was a Cub [Video]
- Rescued Lions, Tigers, Bears, and Monkeys Celebrate Christmas! [Video]
- 4 Rescued Tigers Set Foot in Their New Sanctuary Home and Immediately Act Like Excited Kittens! (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!