Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Like many of us, dogs love compliments, and they are highly motivated by humans’ praise according to a 2016 study. The study found that dogs’ brains responded not just to the tone the praise was delivered in, but to the words themselves. Studies like this highlight the effect that compliments and other positive verbal interactions from humans can have on our beloved pups. This positive effect appears to be on display in one viral TikTok video.
In the video, posted to @peli.roja.pets, a series of before and after shots of various dogs is shown. These photos are taken before and after the dog receives compliments from a human. Text on the screen says each dog was told they were a “good boy/girl”. Although the dogs appear content in the before photos, they truly light up in the after photos.
The dogs’ adorable reactions quickly went viral on TikTok. Many viewers lobbied for their favorite pup in the comments. A puppy named Gus, who appears to be a Chocolate Lab, was a particular favorite. “I simply would die for Gus,” said one comment. Currently, the viral video has been liked 2.2 million times on TikTok.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Dog Praised For Saving Family From House Fire on Christmas Eve
- Praise for Human’s Introduction of Puppy to Older Dog
- Rescue Dog Conquers Fear and Goes for a Swim in TikTok Video
- Hilarious Video Shows Dog’s Reaction to Getting Own Birthday Cake
- Watch Service Dog Calm Human During Panic Attack in Amazing Video
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!