Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A dog named Braveheart, formerly known as Caterpillar, was discovered in a distressing state – a carabiner embedded in his leg and chained to his home in Georgia. The defenseless canine had become the target of attacks by neighboring dogs, enduring a harrowing ordeal that no living creature should endure. The heart-wrenching details of his rescue, shared on TikTok under the username @waldosrescue, shed light on the grim circumstances from which Braveheart emerged.
Upon discovering Braveheart’s plight, animal control intervened, and he found refuge at the Tift animal shelter in Tifton, Georgia. There, his remarkable spirit caught the attention of the shelter staff.
Waldo’s Rescue, a non-profit organization dedicated to animal welfare, played a pivotal role in Braveheart’s transformation. The shelter extended its care and Support by relocating him from Georgia to New York City. It was here that Braveheart’s path crossed with that of an incredible foster parent. This individual showered him with the love, patience, and encouragement he so desperately needed.
The resilience that earned Braveheart his name, along with the nurturing provided by his devoted foster parent, paved the way for a remarkable twist in his journey. Their bond became unbreakable, leading his foster parent to make a life-changing decision – adopting Braveheart and providing him with a forever home.
Braveheart’s journey from a painful past to a bright future quickly captured the attention of social media users across platforms. The TikTok video shared by @waldosrescue garnered an overwhelming response, amassing over 643,000 views and more than 36,000 likes.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Shy Rescue Dog Begins to Trust in Viral Video
- Watch the Rescue of a Dog Chained to a Wall For 15 Years [Video]
- Dog Chained and Dragged Behind Vehicle For Length of Football Field
- Unbelievable! Cruel People Left Dog Chained During Fire and Let Him Suffer for 2 Weeks Before Seeking Help
- Chained Up Dog From South Korea Gets New Forever Home in NYC
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!