Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A dog named Lola was found in an abandoned house where she was living in her own feces for at least six months. Unfortunately, the other dogs in the house had died, but allegedly, a neighbor had been bringing her food, @lola.and.ziggy wrote on a TikTok video of the scared dog.
Now, Lola and Ziggy are pretty much the best friends in the entire world. In an adorable video, they can be seen sprinting around a green field.
Lola’s rescuers also have a message for the people who abandoned her to live in her own filth for six whole months:
According to national estimates, approximately 6.3 million companion animals are abandoned and enter U.S. animal shelters nationwide every year. In the US alone, over 5.4 million cats are killed on the side of the road. If you happen to notice an animal on the side of the road, whether or not the animal is injured, safely put on the hazard lights and pull your car completely off the road before attempting to rescue them, says the Humane Society.
- Dog Rescued After Being Thrown into the Harlem River
- Dramatic Video of Dog Rescued From Lake Michigan Rip Currents
- Stranded Dog Rescued From Floating Piece of Ice on River in Detroit
- Senior Dog Rescued From Sewer Gets Reunited With His Worried Dad!
- Dog Rescues Drowning Friend
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!