When this family adopted a dog, the poor pup was so scared and timid. The dog, Walt, had never experienced a warm home or human love before. It was all new for him, and he would just sit staring at the wall for hours. Finally, he began to wag his tail and started to trust his new humans. His new life consisted of new friends like his dog sibling, running around in the backyard, going on walks, and snuggling with his humans.
We adopted a dog! Welcome to the family Walt ❤️❤️❤️ #adoptdontshop #adoptingdogs #rescuedog #dog #doggo #youcantbuylovebutyoucanrescueit #rescuedog
Walt began to learn so much, thanks to his human @kellyfitzsimons__, who shared the journey of adopting Walt on TikTok.
Look how quick he’s learned! Clever boy ❤️ #adoptdontshop #adoptingdogs #rescuedog #dog #doggo #youcantbuylovebutyoucanrescueit
Just look at how much Walt changed in forty days at his new home! He truly seems grateful to be there.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Dog Forced to Repeatedly Have Litters at an Illegal Breeding Facility Makes Incredible Transformation!
- Watch the Amazing Transformation of Three Rescue Dogs from Israel! [Video]
- Incredible Rescue and Transformation of Starving Dog [Video]
- Incredible Transformation of Severely Underweight Dog [Video]
- The Transformation of Injured Dog Found in Dumpster Shows Why Rescue Work is So Important
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!