Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A small sweet pup is recovering after he was found “cemented” to a sidewalk off Yamato Road in Boca Raton, Florida, for what seemed like days, where he was left to die.
The Tri-County Humane shared on Facebook that the dog, Trooper, was found just in the nick of time.
“The smell was unbearable. There was no way a dog could have ended up like this over night. How long was it going on? How long does he have? Did he get to us in time?”
The organization spent hours shaving him down and cleaning him of the maggots that were crawling in his fur. His nails were overgrown, and he had horrible dental decay. They gave him hours of grooming with “Keto shampoo baths because of urine and fecal burns, tests, more tests, and even more tests.”
They found that poor Trooper has “22 medical conditions in one dog diagnosed in one day. The most critical include:
- Heart Murmur
- Corneal Ulcers
- Enlarged Prostate
- Severe Periodontal Disease
- Ear Infections
His medical bills have already reached $2,500, and the organization hopes to get him to a specialist to see if they will be able to help him walk.
“Please help us help him,” Tri-County Humane wrote.
Animal abuse is more prevalent than many may think. According to PetPedia, every 60 seconds, an animal suffers from abuse, with more than 65 percent being dogs. More than 10 million animals die from abuse every year in the US alone, not including the livestock bred for consumption, who also suffer immense abuse. Animal abuse happens everywhere and is a serious issue. We need more laws to protect animals and hold abusers accountable. Sign this petition to demand all states make all animal abuse a felony now!
- This Woman’s Emotional Reunion With Her Lost Dog Will Warm Your Heart [Video]
- Dog Found Abandoned with Heartbreaking Note Attached to Collar
- Jogger Helps Rescue Dog Stuck Under Big Rocks Right Before Dangerous High Tide
- Petition: Urge Kim Kardashian to Denounce Keeping Dogs in Garages
- Lost Dog Reunited with Owner After Three Years Can’t Contain Her Excitement! [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!