Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Recently, a brave woman saved a squirrel that was stuck inside a clogged drain pipe in a home, and although she has no previous experience in rescues, she was able to get the squirrel out.
A TikTok posted by @goodoldvibesonly shows the incredible rescue, and the video has now received over 1.6 million views. Tabitha, the rescuer, explained in the comments that she works in security but came to help out because nothing bothers her.
“Did you give him 30 days notice 😳” one user joked.
The squirrel eventually was able to get out of the clogged drain and ran away free.
“that was so nice of you . Dang she needs gutter cleaning then cards 😳” another user said.
Squirrels are very curious and agile animals that love to explore their surroundings. Sometimes, they may venture into drain pipes out of curiosity or while searching for food, such as nuts or seeds that have fallen into the pipe. Once inside, the smooth walls of the drain pipe make it difficult for them to climb back out.
Regardless of how they end up in the drain pipe, squirrels are not able to climb up the smooth walls of the pipe to escape, which can result in them becoming stuck. In some cases, they may be able to climb out if the drain pipe has a rough surface or if there are small ledges or other obstacles that they can use to climb up. However, if they are unable to climb out on their own, they may require assistance. We are so glad that they were there to help this squirrel!
- Petition: Help Save Squirrel Populations in Texas
- Kind People Come to the Rescue of Tiny Squirrel Caught in Storm Drain [Video]
- Watch This Chihuahua Adopt Orphaned Squirrels as Her Own! [Video]
- Rescued Squirrel Visits His Human Mom Every Morning To Have Breakfast
- Study Find Squirrels Have Human-Like Personality Traits
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!