Killing is entertainment for them.
When the occupiers are unable to torture&kill civilians, they do it to animals.
At one position abandoned by russians, animals were found executed by hanging.
Among them, a rare gray dwarf hamster that is listed in the Red Book of Ukraine. pic.twitter.com/64V7E0tvIQ
— Defense of Ukraine (@DefenceU) November 14, 2022
The tweet was accompanied by photos of dead animals hanging in trees at a location that was allegedly abandoned by Russian Soldiers.
“When the occupiers are unable to torture & kill civilians, they do it to animals,” the tweet read.
The Ministry said that among the animals was a rare gray dwarf hamster that is listed in the Red Book of Ukraine, an official list of threatened animals, plants, and fungi protected by law in the country.
So many innocent lives have been lost, countless volunteers are helping to rescue animals all over the country, and many people are staying behind to help feed hundreds of refugees every day. The impact of the Russian invasion has been devastating for the environment and the global food supply and has even caused mass animal deaths like these dolphins in the Black Sea. Activists all around the world are standing for the people of Ukraine and demanding an end to this war.
- Russian Shelling Has Destroyed Five Million Acres of Forest in Ukraine, President Zelenskyy Reveals
- Russian Soldiers Ate Zoo Animals to Survive, According to Rescue Workers in Ukraine
- Russian Attack on Ukraine Left Millions of People Without Power or Water
- Russian Invasion of Ukraine May be Responsible for the Death of up to 50,000 Dolphins in the Black Sea
- Lions Rescued From Ukraine Arrive at Their New Colorado Sanctuary Home
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!