Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
An appalling act of animal cruelty recently surfaced in New South Wales. A video posted by the @Smartanimalsanctuary on TikTok showed a distressing sight: defenseless animals abandoned at the sanctuary’s entrance, tied up in plastic bags.
Not the best way to start our morning. Be kind to animals. #SMARTanimalsanctuary #SMARTlife #adoptdontshop #fypシ #fyp #adopt #ShareTheCare #viral #viralvideo #adoptme #animalsoftiktok #animalrescue #dumped
The perpetrators of this act remain unknown, but their blatant disregard for these animals’ lives has left many appalled. Fortunately, despite the traumatic ordeal, the roosters featured in the video survived – a small beacon of hope amidst the upsetting situation.
Social media users have praised the sanctuary for their swift action and compassion. “@Jh1” exclaimed, “You have got to be kidding, how cruel can people be!!! Thank you for saving their poor souls!” while “Taco” remarked, “I just don’t understand how people think this is ok. Heartbreaking.”
Such incidents serve as stark reminders of our shared responsibility towards all living beings. The animals are now safe, receiving the care and love they deserve at the sanctuary.
Animal abuse is more prevalent than many may think. According to PetPedia, every 60 seconds, an animal suffers from abuse, with more than 65 percent being dogs. More than 10 million animals die from abuse every year in the US alone, not including the livestock bred for consumption, who also suffer immense abuse. Animal abuse happens everywhere and is a serious issue. We need more laws to protect animals and hold abusers accountable. Sign this petition to demand all states make all animal abuse a felony now!
- This Rescue Rooster Thinks His Foster Mom is a Hen [Video]
- Rooster Joins Woman on Hike Through Appalachian Trail [Video]
- Nearly 150 Roosters Euthanized After Police Shut Down Cockfighting Event
- Adorable Cow Wants to Bathe Rooster [Video]
- 97 Roosters Seized From Illegal Cockfighting Ring in Texas
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!