When this couple’s friends reached out to them about a baby goat that they found in a field, they went to go rescue the baby animal. They discovered that the small black goat was only a few days old and still had his umbilical cord attached.
Their friends had found the little goat in a field without a mom and had kept him for a few days and were feeding him with a bottle. Unfortunately, the baby goat had a dislocated hip, so @caseyriveter came to the rescue. They knew they had to get the goat, who they named Skipper because he skips around, to the vet as soon as possible.
In an update video after the vet, the pair explained that Skipper has a broken leg, so the vet wanted to give him some X-rays and they would give him a baby goat cast. They picked him back up a few hours later, and the adorable little Skipper had the cutest tiger-striped cast.
It’s so amazing that they were able to rescue this baby goat and get him all healed up at the vet. We need more people like that in the world! To see more of their rescues, check out @caseyriveter on TikTok.
According to national estimates, approximately 6.3 million companion animals are abandoned and enter U.S. animal shelters nationwide every year. If you happen to notice an animal on the side of the road, whether or not the animal is injured, safely put on the hazard lights and pull your car completely off the road before attempting to rescue them, says the Humane Society.
- This Cat With Terminal Cancer is Living His Best Life at an Animal Rescue
- 30 Dead Dogs and Cats Found in Home of Animal Rescue CEO
- Animal Rescue in Massachusetts Looking For Homes For Kerry Cattle Saved From Abusive Farm
- Injured Chameleon Needed Special Help From Animal Rescue But Look at Him Now!
- Animal Rescue Finds Lost Lonely Chicken on Side of Road and They Couldn’t Leave Him There to Die!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!