When a family reached out to Sky Sanctuary Rescue because they had over 150 animals, the rescuers knew that they needed to go help these animals. The family was desperate for help, and they went with a plan to help at least 10 of the dogs. However, once they got there, they knew that they needed to do more.
The poor babies were desperate to get out of the hot Arizona heat. The team was able to leave with 56 of the dogs and brought them back to the sanctuary. There, they helped get the dogs groomed, washed, and gave them food and water. The dogs were happier than they ever had been.
Sky Sanctuary Rescue is a nonprofit organization specializing in the humane capture and rescue of stray, fearful, and injured animals from the streets of Phoenix, Arizona. You can donate here to help them on their mission!
- This Matted Rescue Dog Gets a Brilliant Makeover
- Watch the Amazing Transformation of Three Rescue Dogs from Israel! [Video]
- Firefighters Rescue Dog Trapped at Bottom of a Mysterious 15-Foot Hole
- Biden Gets New Puppy and Rehomes Rescue Dog
- Hero Dog Appointed South Korea’s First Honorary Rescue Dog
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!