Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A New York City man was charged last week after prosecutors said that he smuggled three Burmese pythons into the US from Canada.
Source: Brave Wilderness/YouTube
Bautista case is being investigated by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and U.S. Customs and Border Protection. A statement says that the charges in the indictment are merely accusations at the moment, but if found guilty, the 36-year-old man could face a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000, according to a statement by the Department of Justice.
Bautista case is being investigated by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Read more about snakes in One Green Planet, including why snake venom is no longer needed for science and why keeping snakes as pets is a bad idea. Don’t forget to sign this petition to speak up against python hunts too.
- Over 800 Participants Gather in the Everglades to Kill Invasive Burmese Pythons
- What Happens When People Release Exotic Animals Into the Wild
- Over 80 Animals Found in Two Garbage-Filled Homes During Animal Rescues
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!