Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A good Samaritan, Matt Frazier happened to be walking past an old tar container in Mississippi when he heard something unusual. Upon second glance, Frazier discovered that the muffled howls were coming from a small puppy who had been stuck fast in a pool of leaking tar. He quickly called FLY Animal Rescue, a local non-profit rescue organization, and the rescue team got the scene in no time.
“He was embedded in tar, it was up under the center of that tar tank. And it was caked in tar about two to three inches thick,” Frazier told WLOX.
Together with kind people, FLY Animal Rescue was able to get the pup unstuck but that was just the beginning.
Fly Animal Rescue nicknamed the little one Warrior and worked tirelessly to remove the tar noting, “It’s tedious and we can only do it while he is sedated. He will be mostly bald once it’s all removed.”
After the initial effort, the suffering dog was taken to the Animal Medical Center, where he was sedated and covered in coconut oil to remove even more of the tar.
It was quite the operation but the rescue’s hard work paid off…
After several days, Warrior is now tar-free and is happy and healthy!
Warrior will have no problem finding a forever home, with the Yazoo City Animal Hospital receiving dozens of calls. And according to WLOX, the manager of the barn where Warrior was found has been told by state environmental officials to clean up the spill and to properly dispose of the tar as well.
For more information about the amazing work FLY Animal Rescue does on behalf of our four-legged friends, check out their Facebook page. And if you happen to come across a dog or cat, or any other animal in need, check out these Animal Rescue Hotlines. And please, always adopt and never shop!
Image source: FLY Animal Rescue/Facebook
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!