Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
This adorable little puppy was rejected by his mother when he was born, but luckily, he was adopted by a cat who loves and cares for him, just like a mother. The puppy was born on the same day as her kittens, and they all accepted him into their family.
However, there’s one thing that the puppy can’t seem to get a hang of. When kittens suckle from their mother, they leave behind their distinct scent on the nipple, and they come back to that one each time. This way, feeding time goes much smoother. However, dogs don’t have this instinct. Packs have to fight for their share.
“This puppy breaks all of the cat’s social conventions. His wild instincts express themselves, despite his unusual family,” BBC said in a Youtube video of the puppy.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Cat and Dog Film Festivals Return to New York City
- Cat Plays Dead to Trick Dog Who Tries to Save Her
- Pet Homelessness Isn’t Exclusive to Dogs and Cats — Why These Animals Need Homes Too
- This Woman Was Always a Dog Person Until She Rescued a Blind Cat
- This Lawyer Has Dedicated His Career to Saving Dogs Ordered to be Euthanized
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!