Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A dog who was stranded near a frozen waterfall on Christmas Eve has been saved by a search and rescue team. The pup became stranded near a frozen waterfall in Utah when she was on a hike with her human near Waterfall Canyon on Christmas Eve.
Source: The Telegraph/YouTube
When the hiker couldn’t find Nala by the night, he resumed his search in the morning, according to the Weber County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue. At around one in the afternoon on Christmas Day, the hiker’s family contacted authorities because he was not responding to calls or text messages.
When the hiker finally regained cellphone service, he was able to answer the phone and let people know that Nala was around the waterfall, but he couldn’t reach her because of the steepness and icy terrain. The search and rescue team responded and was able to help Nala off of the mountain.
“Nala was cold with a few minor injuries, but was able to hike down with the rescuers,” officials wrote. “She is one tough puppy! Once reaching the trailhead parking lot, both human and canine couldn’t have been happier to be reunited.”
We are so glad that these two were reunited just in time for Christmas!
- Wonky-Faced Dog Rescued From Qatar Desert is Now Hero of a Children’s Book
- Dog Rescued After Being Thrown into the Harlem River
- Dramatic Video of Dog Rescued From Lake Michigan Rip Currents
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!