Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When local authorities in Brick, New Jersey, got a tip about a puppy mill, they were shocked at what they found at the scene. Over 180 cats and dogs were found in “cages stacked on cages” and living in filth. What’s even worse is that the owner of the property is listed as the president of a tax-exempt nonprofit which claims to be an animal rescue group.
Source: NBC New York/YouTube
At least two dogs were found in the home dead when authorities arrived, and all of the animals were living in filth and their own waste. The conditions were heartbreaking and the animals deserved better.
The two women who were running the property were arrested on animal cruelty and child endangerment charges because they also had a child living among the hundreds of animals.
We need to make sure that these women are never allowed to work with or own animals ever again. The alleged “nonprofit” they were running should also be shut down for good.
Sign this petition to demand New Jersey authorities shut this nonprofit down for good and prevent these women from ever working with or owning animals again!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Protect The Once Extinct Somali Elephant Shrew
- Pledge to Recycle Your Christmas Tree
- Investigate Doctor Who Let Male Medical Student Give Woman Pelvic Exam Without Consent
- Demand Mayor Eric Adams Stop Involuntarily Locking up People With Mental Illness in NYC
- Make Sure This Woman Who Neglected Almost 200 Dogs Gets a Lifelong Ban on Animal Ownership
- Tell Alabama to Ban the Death Penalty After Three Botched Lethal Injections
- Demand Shein Abide by Labor Laws and Stop Exploiting Workers
- Demand the DEA Revise the Opioid Regulation Strategy
- Demand Proper Oversight for Edmonton Zoo After Years of Welfare Concerns
- Free Two Beagle Puppies Who Are Facing Death in Police Custody
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!