Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Source: VICE News/YouTube
According to the petition, In 2019, over 100 rats were crushed to death in a trash compactor. In 2020, a primate died after staff failed to notice the animal was trapped behind a restraint device. In 2021, 740 fish suffocated to death after the water drained from a tank because staff didn’t close the valve. Unfortunately, these are just the start of it.
Nearly a quarter of the non-compliance cases were simply because animals were not provided with food and water. These animals were starving to death because researchers simply forgot to feed these living creatures. Much of this abuse goes unnoticed because regulators continuously fail to crack down on labs when they discover non-compliance cases.
Sign this petition to demand the Home Office properly enforce animal protection and animal testing laws!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Tell the Parliament of Canada to Protect the Tiny Burrowing Owl
- Tell Australia to Invest in Effective Animal Cruelty Prevention Laws
- Help the Rights of Nature Movement Protect the Amazon
- This Vile Pig Factory Was Finally Shut Down, Now the UK Needs to Fully Enforce Animal Welfare Laws
- Tell the Local Authorities to Require Counseling for Teen Animal Abuser
- Demand Investigation into the Kansas PD For Ignoring Evidence of a Racist Serial Killer for Months
- Tell the Chinese Government to Stop High-Rise Factory Farm That Will Slaughter 1.2 Million Pigs Each Year
- Demand the FBI Investigate the Colorado Mass Shooting at an LGBTQ Nightclub as a Hate Crime
- Tell the FDA to Finally Phase Out Animal Testing
- Tell States to Follow Massachusetts and Ban Throwing Away Clothing
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!