The Russian Navy is using highly trained militarized dolphins to counter Ukrainian divers attempting to enter the port and sabotage Russian warships. Satellite imagery shows what military experts believe are two dolphin pens floating off the mouth of its key navy base in Sevastopol harbor off Crimea, says Daily Beast. However, the attack against Ukraine is not the first time Russia has exploited marine animals. Russia first used militarized dolphins and whales during the Cold War.
Dolphins are remarkably intelligent and highly social creatures. They have been known to recognize themselves in mirrors, solve problems and have incredible abilities to feel emotions, understand complex problems, and communicate in ways we can’t even imagine. Marine animals have lost their lives in military conflicts due to explosions, fires, chemical weapons, and other weapons used during warfare.
We cannot allow Putin’s criminal invasion of Ukraine to include the exploitation of innocent animals. Sign this petition to demand the Russian Navy immediately halt the use of marine mammals in their acts of war!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand All States Ban The Sale of Cosmetics Cruelly Tested on Animals
- Ban This Animal Abuser From Ever Owning Animals Again
- Investigate Animal Abuser Who Left Her Dogs To Die
- End the Telecom Monopoly in Canada
- Charge Trump For Defrauding his own donors
- Call On Congress to Pass a Law Protecting Abortion Access
- Tell the Senate to Protect Gay Marriage
- Demand LGBTQ+ Parents Have Equal Adoption Rights As Everyone Else
- Demand California Crack Down on Cruel Retailers Delling Kangaroo Leather
- Demand That Congress Finally Pass Stronger Gun Control Legislation
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to theOne Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!