Source: CBS Evening News/YouTube
Two senior women from Alabama were shocked when they found out that they were being arrested for feeding and neutering stray cats. The women aren’t likely to spend any time in jail, but they will still have to deal with probation requirements and fines for wanting to help homeless animals. Please sign this petition to ask the City Attorney to relieve these women of probation and help the community establish a formal spay and neuter program!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Urge Singapore Authorities to Mandate Counseling for Animal-Abusing Child
- Petition: Tell the Department of Transportation to Prioritize a Passenger Rail System
- Petition: Tell Alabama to Ban the Death Penalty After Three Botched Lethal Injections
- Petition: Make Sure This Woman Who Neglected Almost 200 Dogs Gets a Lifelong Ban on Animal Ownership
- Petition: Demand Mayor Eric Adams Stop Involuntarily Locking up People With Mental Illness in NYC
- Petition: Investigate Doctor Who Let Male Medical Student Give Woman Pelvic Exam Without Consent
- Petition: Pledge to Recycle Your Christmas Tree
- Petition: Protect The Once Extinct Somali Elephant Shrew
- Petition: Ask Petco and PetSmart to Stop Selling Birds
- Petition: Call on Congress to Help Developing Nations Protect Against Climate Change
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!