Meat production is destroying the environment, and billions of animals are dying. A new study found that cattle ranching is destroying the planet too. The study examined the Point Reyes National Seashore and confirmed that water pollution is occurring in the protected area due to ranchers. One-third of the National Park Service’s land at Point Reyes is leased to ranchers, which makes up around 28,000 total acres. An average of 5,000 cattle graze this land. All of this ranching would not be happening without the meat and dairy industry.
Source: Earthling Ed/YouTube
Grazing has been proven to harm ecosystems, endanger native species, cause desertification, and pollute water. Many parks around the country have cut back on cattle grazing because of this, but they have not at Point Reyes. Private ranching on this land is government subsidized, which means that the government is willingly and knowingly polluting our water.
Sign this petition to tell the U.S. Forest Service and U.S. Bureau of Land Management to immediately suspend all cattle ranching on public lands and in national parks!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand Animal Abusing Dr. Oz’s End Senate Campaign
- Demand Postcardmania Donate to Relief Funds After Forcing Employees to Work During Hurricane Ian
- Demand Wealthy Countries Help Pakistan With Climate-Related Flooding
- Demand Alabama Stop Holding Pregnant Women In Jail Without Conviction
- Utah Authorities Investigated a Child’s Gender Because She Was Too Successful at Sports
- Demand Investigation into Principal Who Assaulted an Autistic Child of Color
- Change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Tell California to Allow Animal Control Officers to Relocate Animals instead of Murdering Them
- Demand Investigation into Gainesville PD After K9 Ripped Out Black Man’s Eye During Traffic Stop
- Demand Iran Drop the Death Penalty and Free LGBTQ+ Activists
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!