Thousands of dogs, cats, primates and other animals are confined inside government labs for wasteful and cruel experimentation every year. Many of these animals die during the testing. Disturbingly, virtually all of the animals who manage to survive these experiments are killed, even when they are healthy enough to live happy lives in loving homes or animal sanctuaries. Official estimates from the European Union suggest that, in 2017, labs in the EU killed off 12.6 million animals before they were ever used in studies.
The sad truth is that labs simply find it more convenient to kill the poor animals when they are done using them for experiments. “It’s cruel and unnecessary to euthanize dogs, cats, and other animals in federal research labs that are healthy enough to be adopted out and live happy lives. These animals deserve a second chance,” said Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC). Sign this petition to demand that Germany put an end to these horrific mass culls of “excess” laboratory animals in Germany!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Elephants Shouldn’t Be Taught to Perform Unhealthy Tricks
- Ban the Yulin Dog Meat Festival Once and For All
- Tell Harvard to return human remains to the communities they belong to
- Demand America’s prosecutors refuse to prosecute abortions
- Stop McConnell’s ploy to deny school meals to millions of hungry kids
- Hold Verizon and AT&T accountable for pretending to be LGBTQ+ Allies
- Expel Ron Johnson for trying to overturn the election with fake Trump electors
- End the Annual Canadian Seal Hunt
- Save the Trout and Salmon Population in Scotland
- Free Happy the elephant From Her ‘One-Acre Prison’
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!