Since 2012, every single baby elephant born at ABQ BioPark has died tragically of endotheliotropic herpesvirus (EEHV). The poor elephants left will remain tragically enclosed in the same lifeless yard, completely removed from their wild, natural habitat. “The elephant exhibit is too small, the current roaming area is five acres,” says In Defense of Animals. Elephants are extremely intelligent animals and have complex social needs to maintain their psychological welfare, added Wild Welfare.
The more we learn about these self-aware animals, the harder it becomes to justify keeping them in captivity. These animals’ health and psychological well-being are at-risk the longer they live in isolation. Sign this petition to demand that the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) revoke the license for ABQ BioPark and prevent more innocent elephants from dying!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand Rozie’s Zoo Be Shut Down Before More of her Babies Die
- Demand action against climate change
- Ban this Cancer-Causing Bread Ingredient
- Invest in the Ethical Training of COVID-Sniffing Dogs
- Stop Drilling in Scott Reef, Australia
- Demand that Canada end gruesome seal hunt
- Urge the Indian Government to punish animal cruelty
- Demand an end to abusive Horse “blood farms” in Iceland
- Rescue an abused and captive lion who had his teeth ripped out
- Stand up for the human rights of women in Turkey
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!