Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When a woman took her dog, Barley, to the groomer twice a month, she thought that she was providing her dog with a loving and caring service that he enjoyed. That is until Barley’s mom saw video evidence of the American Dog Pet Grooming facility’s co-owner punching her dog directly in the head with a closed fist multiple times.
Source: CBS 12 News – WPEC/YouTube
Barley’s mom began to wonder if the dog’s recent anxiety and fear of being alone were related to the abuse and trauma he was experiencing at the groomer. Barely’s anxiety had gotten so bad that the vet had prescribed multiple medications.
Unfortunately, it turned out that Barley was just one of the many dogs that the man was abusing. Multiple employees resigned because they were so disturbed by what they saw. One employee began taking undercover videos to gather evidence and finally catch the man.
In one video, the co-owner can be seen “grabbing the dog by the back of the head, pulling the dog’s hair, and pushing the dog down in the sink.” Detectives learned about the abuse when a caller complained about the co-owner and alleged that one dog had died from the abuse.
Since then, authorities have arrested the man on animal cruelty charges, but we need to make sure that he is not able to work, live, or keep any animals ever again.
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand New Mexico and West Virginia Finally Ban Bestiality
- Demand FIFA Take Accountability For the Thousands of Migrant Workers That Have Died in Qatar
- Protect Fungi That Have Long Been Neglected in Conservation
- Pledge to Protect Cats From the Cold This Winter
- Tell Ohio to Stop Killing Mink That Escaped From Deadly Fur Farm
- Tell Germany to Ban Circus From Using and Abusing Animals For Show
- Tell Congress to Finally Pass A $15 Federal Minimum Wage
- Demand Investigation into the Kansas PD For Ignoring Evidence of a Racist Serial Killer for Months
- Tell the Chinese Government to Stop High-Rise Factory Farm That Will Slaughter 1.2 Million Pigs Each Year
- Tell Australia to Invest in Effective Animal Cruelty Prevention Laws
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!