Authorities in New York state recently discovered that a woman was raising her young son in a home filled with dead dogs. To make matters worse, the woman apparently has a long history of harming animals and even had a son who was forced to live in this scary and abusive space. Authorities said the home “smelled of death,” with blood, urine, and feces everywhere. This woman must be banned from ever owning animals again before more innocent creatures are harmed.
Source: 13News Now/Youtube
While we cannot change the horrific treatment that many animals have already endured in the past, we can give animals a voice and hold perpetrators accountable for crimes in the present and the future. Many animal abusers are not held accountable by the law, which feeds into this horrific cycle of abuse. Animal abuse is a crime prosecuted on the state level, but way too many states are failing to pass tough laws that will protect animals.
In some states, abuse must fall into very specific categories to very specific animal types to be considered a felony. However, in other states, abusing an animal isn’t considered a felony at all. Although prosecuting this animal abuser for her horrific crimes is a good first step, we must take a stand for the animals who are being abused and cannot speak up for themselves.
Sign this petition to demand a full investigation!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand States Tighten Firework Sale Restrictions
- Justice For 2,000 Cows Cooked to Death in the Heat of Kansas
- Ban Woman Who Set a Conscious Dog on Fire From Owning Animals Again
- Stand up for animals and end bullfighting
- Hold Costco Accountable For Mistreating Farm Animals
- Ban Gas Chamber Euthanasia In Utah
- Demand Full Sustainability From Amazon
- Fund Social-Emotional Learning Programs In Schools
- Research Superworm That Eats Trash & Reduces Plastic Waste
- Tell Biden To Remove Remaining Restrictions On Abortion Pills
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to theOne Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!