The Australian government has been working to eradicate cats from Kangaroo Island through lethal methods since 2016. The government claims that cat predation is seriously depleting the population of native species. The cruelty of killing large numbers of cats is heartbreaking and must be stopped.
67-year-old Barry Green lives on Kangaroo Island and is known for trapping, shooting, and skinning feral cats and turning their pelts into stubby holders, golf club covers, and purses, according to the Daily Mail. He has been killing these native feral cats and millions of native birds and other animals for more than 20 years.
The Australian wildfires have already wiped out the populations of many species on Kangaroo Island so the Australian government is worried that feral cats will finish off the surviving native animals.
Source: ABC News (Australia)/Youtube
The cruel killing of these cats is not the solution. TNR will be every bit as effective in controlling the feral cat population there in the next few years, and much more effective in the long term. Sign this petition to stop the inhumane killing of cats on Kangaroo Island!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand Investigation into Cruel Abusive Goat Farm
- Investigate White Birch Farm for Animal Abuse
- Tell France to Include Golf Courses in Water Restriction Rules
- Kids Shouldn’t Need Bulletproof Backpacks! Tell Senate to Ban Assault Weapons
- Decriminalize Same-Sex Marriages in Singapore
- Demand Florida Restore Healthcare for Trans People!
- Tell the US to Follow Scotland and Make Period Products Free!
- Demand Raise in Taxes for the World’s Billionaires
- Charge Jake Paul For Driving Through Protected Beaches for Endangered Turtle Nesting!
- Demand Disney Take Responsibility for Massacre of Lemmings and Set the Record Straight!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to theOne Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!