Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Source: Animal Justice/YouTube
Undercover footage recently released of a slaughterhouse in British Colombia showed workers hitting and kicking animals, throwing them to the ground, striking them in the face with an electric prod, and more. On top of this, many animals appear to have not been properly stunned and are still conscious as they are being sliced open. A legal complaint has been filed against the slaughterhouse and an investigation is supposedly happening, but that will likely be a long process and no real changes may come from it. This slaughterhouse should never be trusted with animals again. Please sign this petition to demand authorities shut down Meadow Valley Meats!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Pressure Norfolk Southern to Thoroughly Clean Up its Toxic Mess
- Petition: Tell California Lawmakers to Pass Bowie’s Law
- Petition: Demand YouTube Remove Ads from Potentially Lifesaving Videos
- Petition: Tell Oregon to Ban Animals from Being Used in Traveling Entertainment Shows
- Petition: Tell Missouri to Pass the CROWN Act
- Petition: Help Save Squirrel Populations in Texas
- Petition: Tell Walgreens to Dispense Abortion Pills
- Petition: Tell MAC Cosmetics to Go Cruelty-Free
- Petition: Urge El Salvador to Shut Down Its New Mega-Prison
- Petition: Help Save Red Wolves from Extinction
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!