Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The investigative report shows the violence of workers who slaughter sick chickens by wringing their necks and hitting them against a bucket. They also took images of an operator urinating inside the sheet, birds living with the corpses of other chickens, and cannibalistic behavior among the animals. The birds were found to be in agony, with infections, deformities, and illnesses, and many were not able to move to water or food due to this.
Broiler chicks have been bred through genetic selection to grow at an alarming rate which causes serious diseases and health issues in the animals that the producers merely look at as money-making machines. These poor chicks usually live less than 50 days and suffer the entire time. If people truly knew where their ‘food’ came from and how it was treated, who would feel ok with eating them? Lidl keeps these secrets from consumers, and it is time that they put an end to the #LidlChickenScandal!
Sign this petition to demand that Lidl end this suffering by joining the European Chicken Commitment and putting an end to their cruel abuse.
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Tell Congress and the EPA to Protect Us Against Microplastics
- Make Sure Brazil’s New President Protects the Amazon Rainforest As He Promised
- Ban Man Who Dragged a French Bulldog Behind a Moving Truck From Keeping Animals Ever Again
- Nigerian Man Was Beaten to Death in Broad Daylight. Tell Italian Police to Investigate as a Hate Crime
- Tell the Mexican Government to Protect the Once Extinct Mexican Tequila Fish
- Tell World Leaders to Protect Species like the Emperor Penguins at COP27
- Demand States Make Spay and Neuter Surgeries Affordable
- Tell the EU to Stop the Suffering of Pregnant Mares on Blood Farms
- Demand Lidl End Cruelty Towards Chickens at Their Poultry Farms
- Tell Norway to Permanently Ban Commercial Whaling
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!