Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A woman in Maryland woke up one morning to find her worst nightmare. During the night, someone had horrifically beat up one of her beloved llamas, a 22-year-old male named Skippy. The woman had adopted Skippy as a rescue when he was four years old. He spent the rest of 18 years of his life living with two other llamas and two alpacas with whom he formed friendships over the years.
When the woman realized how much pain Skippy was in, she took him to the local veterinarian. She discovered that someone had shattered Skippy’s leg bones, most likely through beating, because there were no external wounds. Skippy’s injuries were so severe that the vet had no choice but to euthanize him. The other llamas and alpacas were not hurt, although they were surely traumatized. The Maryland police are investigating, but we must ensure they continue!
Sign this petition to demand that authorities find whoever abused this poor llama to death!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand Animal Abusing Dr. Oz’s End Senate Campaign
- Demand Postcardmania Donate to Relief Funds After Forcing Employees to Work During Hurricane Ian
- Demand Wealthy Countries Help Pakistan With Climate-Related Flooding
- Demand Alabama Stop Holding Pregnant Women In Jail Without Conviction
- Utah Authorities Investigated a Child’s Gender Because She Was Too Successful at Sports
- Demand Investigation into Principal Who Assaulted an Autistic Child of Color
- Change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Tell California to Allow Animal Control Officers to Relocate Animals instead of Murdering Them
- Demand Investigation into Gainesville PD After K9 Ripped Out Black Man’s Eye During Traffic Stop
- Demand Iran Drop the Death Penalty and Free LGBTQ+ Activists
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!