Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Two men in Florida were caught stabbing a shark in the poor animal’s head and torturing him all while laughing. The two men were visiting a beach and saw a black-tip shark that was simply minding his own business and not causing any trouble. The malicious men decided to drag the animal to shore, where he squirmed around, trying to get back into the water. The men stabbed the shark right through the head.
The poor shark did not even die immediately and was forced to be tortured and stabbed. The two stabbed the shark multiple times with a kitchen knife and watched the shark in pure agony. The men were so proud of this that they even took a video of the whole incident. Beachgoers were horrified, and at least one woman begged the men to stop, but they continued.
But what is worst of all is that Florida officials have no plans to go after these animal abusers. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission has stated that “no laws were broken” and that the men’s actions were entirely “legal.” This is because Florida does not have sufficient laws to protect sharks. Florida must change their laws now! Sharks are vital to ocean ecosystems, and we need to do everything we can to protect them.
Sign this petition to demand justice and charge these two men with animal cruelty!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand Justice For Llama That Was Beaten to Death
- Make Sure These Animal Abusers Can’t Ever Hurt Another Animal
- Investigate Dr. Oz for Medical Scams
- Suspend Environment Harming Cattle Ranching on U.S. Public Lands and National Parks
- Strengthen Animal Cruelty Laws in North Carolina
- Tell Biden to Investigate Iran for Crimes Against Women
- Protect The Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) and Save Native Children
- Find Man Who Beat A Dog on Camera and Charge Him with Animal Abuse
- Tell Mississippi to End Blatantly Racist Voting Restrictions
- Protect Indigenous Lands in Brazil
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!