Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
‘Punk Rock Vegan Movie’ is a new documentary written and directed by Moby which explores the relationship between punk rock and Animal rights.
The documentary will be the Opening Night film for the 2023 Slamdance Film Festival on January 20 in Park City, UT. The film is Moby’s directorial debut and includes dozens of interviews with some of the biggest names in punk and rock history. These include Ian Mackaye, HR, Dave Navarro, Ray Cappo, Andrew Hurley, Tony Kanal, Tim McIlrath, Water Schreifels, Dave Dictor, Derrick Green, Steve Ignorant, Theo Kogan, Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein, Amy Lee, and Captain Sensible.
Moby has been a vegan and Animal rights activist for 35 years. He grew up in and around New York City. Although he loves making music, his life’s work is to help create a world where animals and sentient beings are free to live their own lives.
Moby’s film will tell the long story of how punk rock became what he describes as the breeding ground for vegan activism. It is a call to action for viewers to stand up and fight intelligently, passionately, and loudly against injustice.
Moby will be giving away the film for free on the Slamdance website after the premiere at Slamdance. On January 30, the film will be available for streaming and downloading on YouTube and other free platforms.
“’PUNK ROCK VEGAN MOVIE’ was created to shine a light on the surprising and inspiring history of punk rock and Animal rights, but also to remind people of the importance and desperate urgency of adopting the uncompromising ethics and actions of the original punk rock activists,” said Moby. “After it makes its world premiere at Slamdance, it’s yours. It’s my goal to give the movie away, as I can’t in good conscience try to profit from what is essentially a labor of love and activism.”
Learn more about the film’s premiere and virtual passes at Slamdance Film Festival at www.slamdance.com.
- The Conservation Game: New Documentary Exposes Big Cats Exploited on TV
- New Documentary Exposes Cruel Live Animals Exports in Brazil
- The Territory: New Documentary Follows Uru-Eu-Wau-Wau Community Fighting to Protect their Indigenous Land in the Amazon
- New Documentary, SLAY, Exposes Animal Exploitation in Fashion Industry
- Cruel Reality of Michael Jackson’s Neverland Zoo Revealed in New Documentary
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!