Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Source: Zee News English/YouTube
Frida had become a hero and symbol of national pride after she saved dozens of people and located the bodies of 43 people in nearly a decade. Frida first began her rescue work after an earthquake in Haiti in 2010, where she found 12 people alive in the rubble. She also helped after a landslide in Ecuador and, most recently, a Mexico City earthquake.
Frida was always a star, passing her search and rescue training in a record eighth months, the Navy reported. The Navy is remembering Frida for her empathy, “independence, concentration, balanced temperament, fearlessness, curiosity.”
Source: Mark 1333/Youtube
A life-size statue of Frida was unveiled last month outside of the Navy office in Mexico City.
“Your life motivates us to continue giving everything to serve Mexico,” the statue reads. “Thank you dear Frida!”
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Rescue Hero Dog Frida Retires With Special Ceremony!
- Meet Frida, the Rescue Dog Who is Helping People in the Mexico City Earthquake
- Florida Officials Rescue Dog Thrown Off of Bridge in Plastic Container
- This Matted Rescue Dog Gets a Brilliant Makeover
- Watch the Amazing Transformation of Three Rescue Dogs from Israel! [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!