Liebchen is a rescue cat who is based in Aspen, Colorado but spends his days traveling the world in style with his human. According to his very own website, he loves to “ski, hike, bike, camp, paddle, and travel everywhere with my pawrents.”
His pawrent, @liebchen.travels told People that he has been going anywhere and everywhere since they rescued him in September 2020. When Erin Geldermans rescued Liebchen as a kitten, she decided that they would jump feet first into adventures together.
“He was so energetic and active, so I just started taking him everywhere, from biking and camping to road trips and hikes,” she told People. “He took right to the harness and leash.”
Now, two years later, Liebchen has over 180,000 followers on Instagram.
“It’s been amazing — he’s a little best friend who literally goes everywhere, and he’s just so laid-back with it all,” says Geldermans. “He loves meeting strangers — he’ll just go up to people and sit on their laps.”
Geldermans named Liebchen after her mother’s cat of the same name, which means “sweetheart” in German.
They told People that next on the list is a spring trip to Europe to meet some friends and cat lovers that they have connected with on the Internet. Alaska, California, and Florida are on the bucket list as well.
To follow more of Liebchen’s crazy adventures, make sure to check out their Instagram @liebchen.travels!
- The Best Gift to Get Your Cat This Holiday Season [Video]
- This Cat and Rat are the Best of Friends! [Video]
- Shelter Cat Went Five Years With Just One Application Until This Couple Came Along to Rescue Her
- Adorable Video Goes Viral of Cat Playing in the Snow
- Woman Threatens to Feed Cat to Coyotes if Shelter Didn’t Take Her
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!