This four-legged hero saved his family when their house was on fire by barking until they woke up. The Maryland dog, Bear, is a Cairn terrier being praised for doing everything he could to wake his family when their house was up in flames.

The home in Frederick County caught fire earlier this week. Luckily, Bear was awake and knew he needed to alert his humans. He barked until they woke up. By the time the Frederick County Fire & Rescue arrived, the home was already ablaze and it took nearly 60 firefighters to put out the fire in an hour. The home was destroyed, but thanks to Bear, everyone is safe and uninjured.

Recently, another pup named Bella woke her family up in the middle of the night when their shed caught on fire. Within minutes, the fire went from the shed to the garage and then to the upstairs of the house. If it weren’t for Bella, the story could have had a tragic ending.

 

Source: NBC News/Youtube

Related Content:

For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!