Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The topless man wades through the frozen lake as he breaks the ice with his fists until he reaches the terrified dog. He finally reaches the dog and grabs him before quickly turning around to go back to shore as quickly as possible.
“Oh don’t let her go under,” someone shouts from behind the camera.
In the comments, Slagle said that “his whole body was cut up” from the ice.
The video posted by @mother.of.parrots3, the man’s girlfriend, has already racked up over five million views.
“Total respect for that man. Thank you for being courageous saving that dog.” one user commented.
“My body hurts watching him chop through the ice. What a HERO,” another said.
What a hero! This is truly amazing, and we are so glad that the man was able to go and reach the dog and save him!
According to national estimates, approximately 6.3 million companion animals are abandoned and enter U.S. animal shelters nationwide every year. If you happen to notice an animal on the side of the road, whether or not the animal is injured, safely put on the hazard lights and pull your car completely off the road before attempting to rescue them, says the Humane Society.
- Dog Rescued After Being Thrown into the Harlem River
- Awesome Dog Rescue Team Helped Save a Wild Bunny From the Freeway and Get Him Home! (VIDEO)
- Dramatic Video of Dog Rescued From Lake Michigan Rip Currents
- Senior Dog Rescued From Sewer Gets Reunited With His Worried Dad!
- Dog Rescues Drowning Friend
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!