Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The Australian bush fires affected so many people and different species of animals. Unfortunately, even after the fires were put out, people and animals were (and still are) suffering the aftermath. There is an abundance of tragic stories of people losing their homes or animals dying after being severely burned. However, there are also heartwarming stories of people saving animals, as well as each other, cats returning to their families, and other large animal rescues.
If you are in need of some good news, this video will make you feel a bit better. Isaac Martlew was on Kangaroo Island when he noticed a baby possum in the early morning. In this video, you can see him warming up the possum by his car heater and helping it recover from the cold.
To prevent future crises like this one, it’s important that our governments take action to stop Climate change! Sign this petition to demand Prime Minister Morrison cut back on coal production and take action against Climate change.
- Cat Recovers at Sanctuary After Being Intentionally Set on Fire
- AI Cameras Shed Light on Australian Wildlife’s Bushfire Recovery
- 4 Major Impacts Of Wildfires On Our Lives, 1 Solution To Avoid Them
- How Fireworks Harm Our Furry Friends
- Turkish Firefighter Adopts Cat He Rescued From Ruins
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!