Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When @ryanleathers’s neighbors left all of their animals behind when they left, he worked incredibly hard to save all of the various animals and make sure that they all made it to safe homes. When they entered the abandoned house, they found a gecko, piranha, turtles, lots of fish, and hermit crabs that unfortunately did not make it.
“This made us so sad, all animals are safe and fed,” Ryan captioned the video.
In an update video about the fish, Ryan said that they are all doing great and they were able to move all of the animals into a safe space.
This was an incredibly sad story, and horrible to think that someone could just leave behind animals without any food or water, or care. These animals are incredibly lucky that they went over to see that the animals were still there and they were able to save them. They have found new homes for some of the animals, and they are all living much better lives than they were there. Please do not ever abandon your animal. There are numerous resources and places that you can reach out to for help if you are unable to take care of your animals anymore.
While we cannot change the horrific treatment that many animals have already endured in the past, we can give animals a voice and hold perpetrators accountable for crimes in the present and the future. Many animal abusers are not held accountable by the law, which feeds into this horrific cycle of abuse. You can sign this petition to demand all states make all animal abuse a felony.
- Abandoned Dog Found Shivering Tied to a Fence Near a Dumpster
- Over 100 Pigs Abandoned on the Side of the Road in San Diego
- Rescuers Save Abandoned Baby Goat With a Broken Leg
- Dedicated Team Rescues 2 Dogs Who Were Living in an Abandoned School! [Video]
- These Two Dogs Were Rescued After Being Abandoned at a Construction Site in Arizona
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!